It was published the draft version (v. 4.6) of’ European-Water-Stewardship-Standard for use in Test Pilot.
The EWS standard aims to be applicable to a broad range of water users and industries that may affect the availability and quality of water while still respecting the complexity of impacts linked to water use and therefore: comprises environmental, social and economic aspects, it i
s valid on global scale across all sectors.
Objectives of the European Water Standards European quality and water conservation:
- To build positive incentives to promote a change in behavior and practices of water use, management and governance.
- To provide a tool for water users to demonstrate corporate responsibility.
- To provide a tool to achieve integrated sustainable water (resource) management.
- To optimize the use of water on operational and river basin basis.
- To prepare the private sector for the implementation of the European Water Framework Directive (WFD).
- To support water users in general to communicate and report on their water use.
- To evaluate the use of water on a local and business basis (also for multi-site companies).
- Third party verification of the water user’s compliance.